Monday, July 14, 2008

Bald and Beautiful

I've been back home in Pennsylvania for a month now and every day I've been meaning to take some portraits of my mom, since she is the reason I am here. Finally I squeezed in a moment just as the sun was setting tonight before I leave tomorrow to get some snapshots of my mom. I think her baldness brings out her eyes :)


Doesn't she look beautiful?


In this one you can see her scar from the biopsy, which is a good 4 inches long and was a bit shocking the first time I saw it.


I truly appreciate the patience of those of you who are my clients during the past months while I deal with this personal situation. It has been an emotional month to say the least, but I am so glad to have a job that allows me the flexibility to travel when I need to. Tomorrow I am flying to California for a few days before heading back to Las Vegas on the 21st. I'll be in Vegas for another month before flying back here to PA for two more awesome weddings, and some more time with my mom. I have two weddings from last weekend still to post, so check back soon for those. Thanks for reading :)

9 comments:

Krystal Mann :: Mint & Sage said...

I love the first one. It's absolutely radiant. Strength and beauty all in one. :)

Photography By Jo said...

Those photos are remarkable. She is beautiful!

Chelsea Nicole said...

Your mom is gorgeous. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, your mom is beautiful! These are such great pictures. You and your mom are always in my thoughts.

Jillian said...

Stunning. You have such a beautiful and strong mom!!

Tracey Kumer-Moore said...

Ashley,

These are incredible. Your mother is beautiful.

You look like your mom Ashley:)

T.

Sarah said...

Your mom is beautiful. Great job.

MSD Photography said...

Wow...just beautiful Ashley. Your mom is an inspiration. Thank you.

Juliet Douglas said...

Ashley,
Wow, look at her smile. :) I'm glad you have a job where you can leave home whenever you need to. I'm sure her family gives her strength.