Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Gram

My Great Grandmother, Blanche Gatrone, passed away this week after 95 years on earth. I was lucky enough to have my Gram around for my entire childhood and into my adult life, she was a very special person to me and of course to the rest of my family. Unfortunately, I won't be able make it home for her funeral tomorrow but I wanted to take a moment to remember her.

Here is a clip from her obituary:


Blanche (Cuba) Gatrone, of Edwardsville, and formerly of Wyoming, died Sunday at home with her daughter, Bernadine James, who was her caregiver.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Angelo Gatrone, who operated Gatrone Plumbing.
She was born Oct. 13, 1912, in Wyoming, a daughter of the late Mary Ciupek and Frank Cuba.
She is survived by her daughters, Bernadine James, of Edwardsville, and Jean Bartoletti, of Wyoming; nine grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and two great-great grandchildren.
She also was preceded in death by her son, Carl Gatrone, who died in 1978; and brothers, Stanley, Henry, Edward, Frank and Charles Cuba; in addition to sisters, Julia Huntz, Anna Prokpe and Josephine Mattie.
Funeral services will be held from the Graziano Funeral Home Inc., 700 Township Blvd., Pittston Township. Friends may call from 8 to 10 a.m. Wednesday.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church, Wyoming. Interment will be in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Carverton.


Here is a quick snapshot (unfortunately this is the best I have access to at the moment):


She will be missed. xoxo

2 comments:

Juliet Douglas said...

I'm sorry for your loss Ashley. She had a long and beautiful life!

Anonymous said...

ash, i'm sorry that you lost your gram :( just read about it here ... hugs to you.